Our MBBC Senior Adults are known as “Pacesetters.” MBBC Senior Adults are an active group, involved in activities and ministries in and outside our church. Throughout the year an assortment of activities are offered:
– Senior Adult Activities Day – The last Tuesday of each month is designated “Senior Adult Activities Day” which includes games, a program and a luncheon.
– “GameDay” is at 9 am. On most Tuesdays, Senior Adults meet for GameDay – during this time they play Domino’s, card games and bridge. At approximately 11:30 participants bring out their “brown Bag” lunch for fellowship around the table. PS – someone always brings goodies such as brownies, cookies or candy.
– Day Trips – Adventures to close-by areas (Reference Senior Adult Activities Calendar).
– Extended trips – Overnighters, retreats, and motorcoach excursions. Our 2016 “Big Trip” was to Williamsburg, VA and Outer Banks, NC: 13-18 June 2016.
* Big Trip” for 2017 will be to Charleston, Savannah, St. Augustine and the Okefenokee Swamp, 19-24 June.
– Senior Adult Appreciation Day and Luncheon is normally held annually on the first Sunday in May. This year it will be 21 May.
– The Annual Senior Adult Christmas Luncheon is held on the first Sunday in December. This years Luncheon is schedule for 3 December.
– Senior Adult Choir – The Sonshine Singers Meets on Thursdays at 10:00 am and ministers at local nursing/retirement centers, sharing music and fun. for schedule click on Sonshine Singers (go to Menu and click on Sonshine Singers)
The Senior Adult Ministry Team is a highly active organization. This Team assists the Minister of Senior Adults in planning and carrying out all Senior Adult activities.
Periodically, the Senior Adult Ministry recognizes designated Senior Adults for their contributions to our Lord, MBBC and society as a whole. The 2016 recipient of the Annual Pacesetter was Doris Ward – congrat, Doris.
The MBBC Senior Adult Ministry fully support’s Pastor Chris’ goals and values as set out early in 2014 – KNOW-GROW-GO (Refer: Mission/Values under “About” on MBBC main page).
Pacesetters are a going, growing, glowing group who enjoy the “Three “F’s” – FOOD, FUN and FELLOWSHIP. Be sure to check upcoming events by clicking on our Senior Adult Web Page.
The Senior Adult Ministry monthly publication is – “The Pacesetter.” To view current and past copies of The Pacesetter and other senior adult information, please click on the following button: MBBC-Senior Adults and from the Menu click on “Senior Adult Activities and Pictures”